[ACF/GCF/NCF] DarkSteam Project - Game Cache from Simbiat

Simbiat
Steam Content Support
Steam Content Support
Контактная информация:

#1 Сообщение 20.08.2009, 09:34

НА РУССКОМ

All the info about my server, that also hosts lots of Steam games can be found on http://a12.net.ru
Последний раз редактировалось Simbiat 26.05.2013, 17:35, всего редактировалось 12 раз.
DarkSteam R.I.P.
SilverSteam is less so

Simbiat
Steam Content Support
Steam Content Support
Контактная информация:

#2 Сообщение 18.10.2009, 13:46

Today a lot of game cache has been updated\fixed. Did not updated the list here - too tired already (=
DarkSteam R.I.P.
SilverSteam is less so

Simbiat
Steam Content Support
Steam Content Support
Контактная информация:

#3 Сообщение 28.11.2009, 16:06

DarkSteam R.I.P.
SilverSteam is less so

Simbiat
Steam Content Support
Steam Content Support
Контактная информация:

#4 Сообщение 06.01.2010, 11:34

Dear users of my server! Please, be warned: today or tommorrow the Steam Pack will be transfered to another (with more capicity) harddrive. New links will be posted on CSMania.ru.
For now I can say, that the path to Steamapps folder will be the same, BUT it will be not "Disk 3", but "Disk 2"
DarkSteam R.I.P.
SilverSteam is less so

fpsrome
Нович0к
Нович0к

#5 Сообщение 19.01.2010, 07:23

where Can i get the script that you used for you http mirror? or one like it. I look on google but i cant find what im looking for

Simbiat
Steam Content Support
Steam Content Support
Контактная информация:

#6 Сообщение 19.01.2010, 11:00

This script was written by a user MOZGIII (or MoZGII, I don't remember exactly how his nick is written on this forum). You can ask him and maybe he'll help.
DarkSteam R.I.P.
SilverSteam is less so

Simbiat
Steam Content Support
Steam Content Support
Контактная информация:

#7 Сообщение 12.03.2010, 14:57

I've got 2 news for you! One good and one less so.

Good one: user, who use http-version of my server must have noticed, that entering http://a12.mien.nu gets them not to the server, but to... A Forum. Yup, for who knows what time I've installed on my local machine the vBulletin engine (now it's Vbulletin 4 Publication Suite). Currently I'm applying basic (and not only) configuration to the engine. After it's done, I'll open it for registration. Besides forum the site will have a news-module, which will consist of server updates (what's new, what is to be expected) and, perhaps, news from the i-net (games, films, politics, I have not yet decided which). Due to the fact, that I'm only one man and I can't physically maintain all these important stuff, it would be great, if there were people who want and are ready to help me moderate the site\forum and upload news to it.. Relations with "file uploaders" are also possible. If someone has time and desire to help with this - send e-mail to [email protected] saying what you would like to do for the site and why should I trust you with it and no one else.

A "less good" one: I'm again running out of free space (also due to Steam-games). So I again ask you kindly to help me with some cash. Besides, I need not only new HDDs. 'Cause the server is only getting bigger (even when I'm the only one, spending money on it) it will soon grow out of current chasis (Thermaltake Armor+). So it was decided by me to creat a server station similar to this one: http://blog.backblaze.com/2009/09/01/pe ... d-storage/ . Of course I don't need almost 8 thousand dollars for it, 'cause I'm not planning to buy that much number of HDDs and I will create the chasis by myself, but I still need other hardware (controllers, multiplyers, perhaps an additional PSU), which cost money and sometimes quite a lot of them. So if anyone can and want to help with my server expansion, send some money (as much as you can and want) to WebMoney wallets:
E325614536508
R477393519470
Z166731200355
Universe won't forget you.
DarkSteam R.I.P.
SilverSteam is less so

Simbiat
Steam Content Support
Steam Content Support
Контактная информация:

#8 Сообщение 26.03.2010, 17:26

Dear users of my file-server!

For extending and adding more speed and stability to my file-server it's high time to start using real server hardware. Unfortunately, server hardware is quite expensive (especially SATA controllers), so it's quite an ordeal to buy all the needed things for one person, if you don't mind me saying - homeuser.
Hardware I need for a really good (almost professional) server is:
1. Motherboard Supermicro X7DWN+
2. 2 processors Intel Xeon E5405
3. At least 4 4 RAM Modules FB-DIMM DDR2 4Gb Kingston KVR800D2D4F5/4G PC-6400 800MHz ECC CL5 (maybe different)
4. 3 HDDs WesternDigital VelicoRaptor for 150 GB each (2 for RAID1 and 1 for Hot Spare)
5. 2 SATA controllers HighPoint RocketRAID 2240
6. 3 SATA controllers HIGHPOINT RocketRAID 2340
7. 80 HDDs for 1,5 or 2 Tb for file-storage (16 HDDs for each of 5 SATA controllers, where 4 of the 16 will be for RAID5 "error"-disk and 1 for Hot Spare)
8. Coolers and chasis for file-storage HDDs
9. POSSIBLY: additional power supply and additional chasis (for initia testing of the server software on the server hardware and then for dividing the current configuration of the server into server and a working\administrating PCs)

In general ALL this (w\o file-storage HDDs and chasis for them, but with power supply on 1000-1500 Watt) is approximately $4940, where the main price is after SATA controllers, which are $488 and $540 for a controller. 'Cause to gather such a sum for me (especially considering my salary) in a short period of time is almost impossible, I'va cut down the list to the following (everything which's been excluded will be bought separetly after):
1. Motherboard Supermicro X7DWN+
2. 1 processor Intel Xeon E5405
3. 1 RAM module FB-DIMM DDR2 4Gb Kingston KVR800D2D4F5/4G PC-6400 800MHz ECC CL5 (maybe different)
4. 1 HDD WesternDigital VelicoRaptor for 150 GB
5. POSSIBLY: 1 SATA controller HighPoint RocketRAID 2240
7. POSSIBLY: 8 HDDs for 1,5 Tb for file-storage (5 for storage, 2 for RAID5 "error"-drives and one Hot Spare)
8. Coolers and chasis for file-storage HDDs

Such a list w\o HDDs for file-storage ('cause I currently have HDDs and will be able to live without new ones for sometime), chasis for file-storage HDDs, but with SATA controller will cost approximately $1731. If we forget the SATA controller ($488), 'cause we don't actually need it w\o HDDs for RAID massive, then it will be approximately $1243. Sum more realistic to gather, but... Considering my monthly payment (approximately $696) I will be gathering such a sum for quite a while.
So, my dear file-server users: if you wish for extension (in functions as well as in space) of my (and, hopefully, yours) dear server, please, donate whatever sum of $s you can spare, otherwise new content will be added really seldom on my server, due to the lack of HDDs and a place to store them. If you wish to help, please, send your donations to the following WebMoney-wallets:
E325614536508
Z166731200355
R477393519470

I thank in advance all the donators.
DarkSteam R.I.P.
SilverSteam is less so

eliza
Нович0к
Нович0к

#9 Сообщение 05.04.2010, 11:24

I read your post and totally agree with you.Its nice sharing.web sites are source of information and this is one of them I book mark it and mail all of my friends to must check it.

Simbiat
Steam Content Support
Steam Content Support
Контактная информация:

#10 Сообщение 05.04.2010, 18:34

either the last poster is a spamer or his(her) mother-language is not English. If it's the latter - I do not mean to upset or offence. Either way, it would be much appreciated, if you not only bookmark, but also send some webmoney (=
DarkSteam R.I.P.
SilverSteam is less so

Simbiat
Steam Content Support
Steam Content Support
Контактная информация:

#11 Сообщение 01.07.2010, 21:49

Hey guys! I'm back! More or less...

I know that my Steam collection is pretty much outdated (though some new games have been uploaded) and in fact is currently split into to folders (the one the link for which you can see in my signature andthe one in "Temp"). But hopefully, if everything will go as I plan, during the summer I'll update everything as much as possible for me.

Now about why I was not around for so long. Well, firstly I had a very stressing year full of personal issues (my mother has died last year on 29th June, I finally got working and had to adapt to my job, had to adapt to maintaining two flats, get through the 4th course of univercity... Well, lots of stuff, which took a lot of time and effort and money).
Secondly, and this one, really concerns you guys, as user of my server: I've been trying to merge Serv-U FTP Server with vBulletin Forum Board. Why? Well... As some of you might know I host not only steam games, but other stuff, too. Lots of it, in fact (currently 4,8+ Tb). I try to keep it as organised as posisble, but still, FTP - is just a bunch of files. And I always wanted to add something like a description to most of stuff, that I have, so that user would know what they are really downloading. So I tried a http script (which is still online), but it's not good enough, escpecially, considering, that there are great limitation in downloading process. So, I've decided to make a file catalogue based on vBulletin and integrate it with Serv-U.

And now it's open on http://a12.mine.nu . It's open in test only and it will have some minor cosmetic changes, and it will need to be filled with content, but the test of shared accounts can be started right now. So, you're all welcome to try it out.

What awaits those who will join? Well, currently, maintaining all the server stuff is not that easy, espcecially, considering the fact, that I am only one man and I have dozens of other responsobillities. So, unfortunately for all of you, I'll have to add some limitations to user accounts (not yet implemented, but will be during this or next week). There will be three main types of accounts:
Anonymous users: have a major speed limit and major quota no media playback through web-client
Registered users: have minor speed limit and minor quota no media playback through web-client
Premium users: no speed limit and no quota and media playback through web-client
Precise limitations are still being thought through, so if you have any suggestions you can post them on http://a12.mine.nu . Also it's possible that there will be some other services, that user may find interesting, but they still only in my mind...

The premium accounts will be quite cheap, considering my own speed limit and, well, 'bout a dozen of other reasons. I'm thinking that it defenitely won't be more that $5 dollars per month, more likely $3 dollars, though it will depend on the final limitations I'll choose.

This is not from good life, as I hope you understand: this will be done to maintain the server and... Make it bigger. I currently have a list of hardware I will need to upgrade the server to more server-like standards and to extend the disk space and it will be quite costly. Though, do not be afraid: when I've written that registered user will have minot limitations I really meant that: if a user is not a leecher, probably he\she won't need a premium account.

Anyways, curreently there are still no limitations. And there are no premium accounts either. So, if you'd like, go to http://a12.mine.nu register and test the shared account and test other services I provide (like Glype or Web-Client (Serv-U in navbar). And post you suggestions and criticism on the forum there. It's very important to me and, if you'd like my server extension, to YOU.

Thanks for your attention, those who've read this, and sorry for wasting your precious time, if you've found this post useless.
DarkSteam R.I.P.
SilverSteam is less so

Simbiat
Steam Content Support
Steam Content Support
Контактная информация:

#12 Сообщение 11.07.2010, 10:19

It seems like during the HDD update the filesystem on HDD, which host steam-games was corrupted. During it's restoration about 100 Gigabytes were lost. I'll try to restore them with the use of some tools, but, most likely, I will have to redownload everythin. If anyone has a link for the latest .ncf pack (just in case) - please, post it, it will be of great help to me.
DarkSteam R.I.P.
SilverSteam is less so

Simbiat
Steam Content Support
Steam Content Support
Контактная информация:

#13 Сообщение 18.07.2010, 22:50

List of games I have, that need a fix or an update as well as those, that are "empty" and those that are OK (packed or unpacked): ftp://a12.mine.nu/Disk%202/Games/Steam/ ... Games.xlsx

If you can provide me with an update\fix or the full game (.archives can be downloaded at ftp://a12.mine.nu/Disk%202/Games/Steam/Archives/ ), then, please, upload it somewhere (most preferably to ftp://a12.mine.nu/Disk%202/Games/Steam/Upload/ ). You can upload the full game even if it's been uploaded on rapidhsrae\megaupload or whatever. In fact, that would speed the things up for me a little bit. And, please, keep the uploaded files sorted in the respective folders, it will make thing a bit easier for me.

Also, please, check if there are games, that have been uploaded somewhere, but are not on my server. You can upload them as well.

Also, please, check the list of the packed games and advice if any of the games listed should be kept unpacked.

TIA
DarkSteam R.I.P.
SilverSteam is less so

Simbiat
Steam Content Support
Steam Content Support
Контактная информация:

#14 Сообщение 01.08.2010, 17:05

Dear users, I'm proud to present you the first wave of packed Steam games. It consists of 208 games (not counting the addons, that are placed in the same folder as the original game), each packed in .7z archives. Beside the name of the game, the archive names provide you with version numbers of the .ncf included in the archive in the order seen in CFToolbox (in brackets before the dash) and an SFV hash for checksum check (in brackets after the dash). If you think that a packed game should be kept unpacked for some reason or if you see, that a packed game has become outdated or lacks an addon (or just an 'ncf) - please, feel free to contact me via forum, comments or feedback: your help will always be appreciated. Meanwhile I continue to restore the lost Steam games as fast I can.
DarkSteam R.I.P.
SilverSteam is less so

Simbiat
Steam Content Support
Steam Content Support
Контактная информация:

#15 Сообщение 11.09.2010, 10:23

Forum was transfered to http://a12.net.ru
HTTP version of the list was disabled.
On http://a12.mine.nu you can find Web- and Java-interfaces for the FTP service
Adress for FTP service remains unchanged.
DarkSteam R.I.P.
SilverSteam is less so

Ответить