Waveform

Обсуждение, решение проблем, поиск ссылок, релизы собственных сборок, по всем играм, что распространяются через Steam
Renaissance
Полковник
Полковник
Благодарил (а): 2390 раз
Контактная информация:

#16 Сообщение 19.03.2012, 18:40

Will the soundtrack also be available in Steam Store?

EdenIndustries-Ryan
Нович0к
Нович0к

#17 Сообщение 19.03.2012, 19:06

ahahlbI4 писал(а):EdenIndustries-Ryan, how long it takes to complete the game? And can i start my game on computer and to continue game on other computers? What are the minimum system requirements for this game?
The game takes about 5-6 hours to beat if you play casually and don't try to get perfect on each level. Mastering each level to get 100%, which unlocks bonus levels and awards achievements, will take much longer. And actually once you beat the game the first time, you can replay it in Challenge mode which presents each level in a newly remastered form in the theme of one of the game's bonus levels. There's a lot of pretty crazy bonus levels so replaying the game in Challenge mode is quite a thrill! In addition the game has 11 different endless modes that are randomly generated. These use the Steam Leaderboards to track your high scores globally, so there's plenty of fun and challenges even after the main game is over.

The game supports Steam Cloud, so yes you can start your game on one computer and keep playing on other computers. But, like any game with Steam Cloud, you need to make sure you don't disable that option in the Steam client. If so, you can still keep playing on other computers but you'd have to manually copy your save files.

The system requirements are quite low. Having a graphics card that supports at least OpenGL 2.0 is recommended as then you'll be able to have all of the cool effects in the game. You need 512 MB of ram, and a processor that's multi-core is recommended, but not necessary. Having a slow computer will generally meen loading screens just take longer, but I programmed the game so that during the levels having a slow computer isn't as bad. So if you notice loading screens take a long time, the game will likely still run pretty smoothly once the level gets underway.
ahahlbI4 писал(а):And one new question, do you plan to develop a demo version?

Yes there will be a demo available tomorrow alongside the full version of the game.
Renaissance писал(а):Will the soundtrack also be available in Steam Store?
The soundtrack may be available on the Steam Store, the composer is still considering it. For now though, it is available here: http://scottmcfadyen.bandcamp.com

Thanks for the great questions everyone! To show my appreciation, I'll give a free copy of the game to whoever asks the best questions!

Cheers,

Ryan
Founder, Eden Industries
http://www.edenindustries.ca

Renaissance
Полковник
Полковник
Контактная информация:

#18 Сообщение 19.03.2012, 19:13

EdenIndustries-Ryan писал(а):The soundtrack may be available on the Steam Store, the composer is still considering it. For now though, it is available here: http://scottmcfadyen.bandcamp.com
yea, I saw it. Thats why I asked "also". Thanks for answers.
EdenIndustries-Ryan писал(а):I'll give a free copy of the game to whoever asks the best questions!
okay. Let's try. What inspired you to create this game?

I can say what it's look like, but forgot titles of this games %)

EdenIndustries-Ryan
Нович0к
Нович0к

#19 Сообщение 19.03.2012, 19:26

Renaissance писал(а):okay. Let's try. What inspired you to create this game?

I can say what it's look like, but forgot titles of this games %)
Great question! I actually did a blog post about this over on the Eden Industries website a while back: http://edenindustries.ca/blog/?p=131

Renaissance
Полковник
Полковник
Контактная информация:

#20 Сообщение 19.03.2012, 19:27

Oh, c'mon now I must read all your blog posts :D
Right, Auditorium!

Okay, if I don't win it, I'll buy it.

Надеюсь, у нас не будет проблем с доступностью, а то мало ли.

ahahlbI4
Лейтенант
Лейтенант
Благодарил (а): 2 раза
Контактная информация:

#21 Сообщение 19.03.2012, 19:38

Renaissance писал(а):Oh, c'mon now I must read all your blog posts :D
Right, Auditorium!
Хорошо бы было если бы он всем дал игру кто задавал у него хорошие вопросы, а не только одному человеку :)

Добавлено спустя 2 минуты 39 секунд:
EdenIndustries-Ryan, Are you planning to release the game in the indie genre if Waveform meet your expectations?

Renaissance
Полковник
Полковник
Контактная информация:

#22 Сообщение 19.03.2012, 19:39

ahahlbI4
ну вообще, иди подучи английский, он об этом и говорит. Поделится с каждым, кто задаст интересный вопрос.
Мой вопрос был банален, но реально интересно, ведь с ответом на него становится понятно, на что похожа игра.

ahahlbI4
Лейтенант
Лейтенант
Контактная информация:

#23 Сообщение 19.03.2012, 19:53

Я как рас учу английский :) Понимаю не все, но большую часть.

Добавлено спустя 12 минут 48 секунд:
And 2 new questions:
How much time a day do you take to develop Wavefrom? What do you do besides the game's development?

EdenIndustries-Ryan
Нович0к
Нович0к

#24 Сообщение 19.03.2012, 20:32

Great questions!
ahahlbI4 писал(а): Хорошо бы было если бы он всем дал игру кто задавал у него хорошие вопросы, а не только одному человеку :)
Well I'll see about giving free copies to a few people who have the best questions and not just one person :) . I'll talk to Valve about getting more keys.
ahahlbI4 писал(а): Добавлено спустя 2 минуты 39 секунд:
EdenIndustries-Ryan, Are you planning to release the game in the indie genre if Waveform meet your expectations?
Could you clarify this question? The game is already an indie game, having been developed basically only by myself on no budget. I've spent about 3 years and basically all of my money making it, so I hope it meets expectations :)
ahahlbI4 писал(а):Я как рас учу английский :) Понимаю не все, но большую часть.

Добавлено спустя 12 минут 48 секунд:
And 2 new questions:
How much time a day do you take to develop Wavefrom? What do you do besides the game's development?
Besides this game's development, I work full-time in the games industry for Next Level Games. Most recently I did the AI for Luigi's Mansion 2 for the Nintendo 3DS. While working at that company, I spent essentially all night on weekdays and all day on weekends for the past 3 years, so about 40-60 hours a week. And then over the last 3 months I was working full-time on Waveform, so about 100 or more hours per week. So as you may imagine, I'm pretty exhausted after doing this for the last 3 years. I haven't really taken a day off in a long, long time!

ahahlbI4
Лейтенант
Лейтенант
Контактная информация:

#25 Сообщение 19.03.2012, 20:55

You deserved rest. I hope the game will meet your expectations.
sorry for my bad english, i just study this language

Monk
VIP
VIP
Благодарил (а): 418 раз
Контактная информация:

#26 Сообщение 20.03.2012, 00:39

EdenIndustries-Ryan
In addition the game has 11 different endless modes that are randomly generated.
The main game mode does not support random generation?
«По ночам компьютеры собираются вместе и смеются над людьми, если те делают работу, которую могли бы делать компьютеры» (с) habrahabr

[hide_num=64]Изображение
Изображение

Не стоит становиться на одно колено ради девушки, которая ради тебя не готова встать на два. (С)
640K ought to be enough for anybody (с) BG[/hide_num]

EdenIndustries-Ryan
Нович0к
Нович0к

#27 Сообщение 20.03.2012, 00:42

Monk писал(а):EdenIndustries-Ryan
In addition the game has 11 different endless modes that are randomly generated.
The main game mode does not support random generation?
The main game has levels that were crafted by hand to offer a really exceptional experience. As you might be able to tell from the video, the flow of the game, especially in regards to the music and the pacing of the gameplay, is very important and something we didn't want to leave up to chance. So each level is very unique and offers a very different challenge.

That was the motivation behind making those levels by hand, but we also saw the value in making a mode with randomly generated challenges to keep people having fun after they finish the main game, and also leverage the awesome score tracking via the Steam leaderboards.

Monk
VIP
VIP
Контактная информация:

#28 Сообщение 20.03.2012, 00:49

Well, I already like your game)
«По ночам компьютеры собираются вместе и смеются над людьми, если те делают работу, которую могли бы делать компьютеры» (с) habrahabr

[hide_num=64]Изображение
Изображение

Не стоит становиться на одно колено ради девушки, которая ради тебя не готова встать на два. (С)

EdenIndustries-Ryan
Нович0к
Нович0к

#29 Сообщение 20.03.2012, 01:14

Monk писал(а):Well, I already like your game)
Glad to hear it, thanks Monk!

Monk
VIP
VIP
Контактная информация:

#30 Сообщение 20.03.2012, 21:11

Доступна в стиме, причём по вкусной цене :) Покупать, или может EdenIndustries-Ryan ключ подкинет? :blush:

[hide_num=64]Изображение
Изображение

Ответить